Monday, November 30, 2015

Sask. Hit Hard by Loss of Long-Form Census

So thank goodness it's back! Many people, genealogists included, are really unclear of why that long-form census is so critical. Here's a very short explanation by the former chief statistician at Statistics Canada who resigned over the long-form census issue. He says Saskatchewan was the province hurt the most when that data wasn't collected. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/saskatchewan-hurt-by-loss-of-long-form-census-data-1.3340281

And think how wonderful it would be to find one for an ancestor! One piece of advice I was given decades ago was to photocopy my own completed form before returning it. I've done that and now have several in a safe, private place that will probably be of interest to a descendant. They are even of interest to me as I read them once in a blue moon. haha


Cheers,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment