Monday, April 20, 2015

DNA explained + Two Great DNA Reads

I'm still not jumping on the band wagon of DNA testing, only because I believe it' still in it's infancy.There is a pretty straightforward, unbiased explanation at https://legacytree.com/blog/the-who-what-where-and-why-of-genetic-genealogy-testing

But I did read two really interesting books that help me captive for some time this winter. "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by Rebecca Skloot is a totally amazing and shocking true story that I had never heard AND a story that should be known by everyone; and The Juggler's Children: A Journey into Family, Legend, and the Genes that Bind Us by Carolyn Abraham is an easy read with genealogical implications.

I read both books on my Kindle eReader, but they are available in hard or soft copy as well pretty well at all bookstores. Give them a try?


Cheers,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment