Saturday, March 15, 2014

Irish Research Online: most recent updates

Lots of great links for Irish researchers!! See Chris Paton's blog at http://britishgenes.blogspot.com/ Any and all help we can get is much appreciated as Irish research is definately a challenge, especially earlier than 1846!!

I recently purchased Chris's book "Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet" as an ebook. I knew this was a mistake, but I could not afford the paper copy as it is only available overseas so a small fortune to get it mailed to Canada. Once I get back home, and perhaps more organized , I suspect this book will be gold mine. The reason I like paper copies for research purposes is I can flip through, mark pages for future reference, find that reference and go to the website, etc. I love love love ereaders, but this is one time I find a hard copy much easier to use. Just my two cents. AND I really hate to pay more for postage than for the book.


Cheerio,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment