Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Time Eaters

So now it's Tuesday, and I have been bogged down with work that happened while I was in Edmonton. Specifically, my hometown in Sask. is producing a new local history book and I am responsible for writing and submitting my family's story. Should be easy right - because I have it already done in a nice orderly fashion! Ya right!! It's a case of do as I say, not as I do I'm afraid. groan So, I've been working frantically on this as the deadline is within days.

I will also be speaking at the Family History Centre in Regina at their one dayer this June and they need descriptions for the sessions I'm doing. Not difficult, it just takes time. I'll blog more about this later, but I always enjoy speaking there. It's my way of giving back as they have been very good to me over the years. For 15 bucks you get a full day of genealogy presentations offered simultaneously, PLUS you get lunch and goodies at break times! WHAT a deal!!

Indian Head is having it's first annual easter egg hunt this Sat., followed by pictures with ... ta da ... the Easter Bunny of course. This will be tons of fun because my wee granddaughter, Macy, is bringing her parents here for a sleep-over this weekend. I'm a pretty decent cook, but baking has never interested me ... BUT, for Macy I am attempting to make and decorate Easter cookies. We have an awesome bakery here, so I have a back-up plan should the baking not be what I hope. big grin

I will indeed write more about my Edmonton trip and the conference shortly. I will also be posting the courses I'll be offering this Fall. Some will be totally online, so for those of you who do not live close-by, you can take certain courses without leaving your home. Those courses will be delivered via email and you don't need any extra technical knowledge or downloads to 'attend'. This is something I've been doing for quite a while, but this year I'm including a course on Scottish research so all you Edmontonians [is that a word?] can join in the fun and the learning just using the Internet and your computer. I won't even be able to tell if you do the lessons in your PJ's!!

Lots coming up guys so stay tuned!! Now, back to the grind. At least the sun is shining!! Take care all.

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment